Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Last Day of First Grade!

A week ago today was the last day of first grade for my little M! She is getting so big on me and some days I just wish time would stand still so I could enjoy her being little! Other days I marvel that this little lady is so mature and it is a joy watching her learn and grow!

She had such a fun year with her teacher Mrs. Valentine. We could not have hoped for a better first grade year! This year she has developed a love of reading that has amazed us. She has always loved being read to, but now also enjoys reading on her own! She often gets out tons of books and plays library with her friends and sister! Her improvement this year in her reading abilities has astonished me! I love watching her read. It is funny to be driving with her and have her ask me about a certain sign she read. Kind of fun having another reader in the car!






M was sick for the last week of school, but went anyway. I probably should have kept her home but I didn't have the heart to! The last three days of school were fun filled, and when she cried about not being able to go to school, I gave in.


After she got off the bus, M was really excited to find out that her new teacher was the same one her friend had this year! I think she is nervous and excited for the second grade!


After the last day of school was out M jumped on the trampoline with the sprinklers under it with B and her friend M. After that she went swimming at M's house for a few hours!
So far, the summer has been kind of a bummer for M. She ended up with phenomia and has been sick for the past week and a half. Today she had to have chest xrays to see if she was getting better. The doctors office called and said that she didn't look good so they put her on an additional antibiotic. Hopefully she will be 100% soon. She is usually happy during the day, just a bit more tired than normal and when she has a coughing fit, it lasts awhile. Hopefully we will get her all better and have a fun summer ahead of us!




3 comments:

Casey said...

What a bummer she's been so sick! Get better quick M! What cute pictures..and I love that you get to find out next years teacher! We don't find out until the week before school starts! Miss you guys!

Natalie said...

Can you believe she'll be in 2nd grade?? Weren't our girls just two... so grown up!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she will in second grade this fall! I student taught that grade...it's my favorite!