Monday, June 15, 2009

Dear B





Dear B,

You turned four this week! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by since you were born. You took us by storm coming out (with daddy having to catch you) and you have been a great force in our lives ever since.You have been such a joy to have in our lives ever since you were born. You were such a smiley baby and that has continued as you have grown. You bring joy to our family every day.








You have always been full of enthusiasm for anything you have done. You seem to be fearless in all that you do. You are willing to try new things without worrying about failing. I have always admired that about you.









You have always been mama's little girl. You love being with me and I love that you love to be with me. The first day you were gone to preschool this past year I did get a little teary eyed because I missed my little helper girl.







When I look at you I see so much excitement in your future and am so thrilled with the little lady you are becoming.











This past year you started preschool. When most of the kids around you were scared and clinging to their moms, you ran right into school and told me you would be fine until I came back. Of course, I stayed a few minutes just to make sure, and you were right!! You have a personality that attracts others. You are silly and not shy in many cases! You are excited about going to kindergarten but even more thrilled that you have one more year of preschool!




This year you have grown to be quite a little artist. I am constantly amazed at the things you are drawing. You attempt to draw a lot of things that I think you won't be able to, and I am usually surprised by your talent. You have the patience to sit and work on a coloring page for several hours until you finish it! You have grown to love reading and learning about words. You ask me on a daily basis how to spell words and what letters words start with. You are also beginning to rhyme words and always laugh when you make a rhyme!
I love driving in the car with you. We have fun playing I Spy and singing songs. You love to tell me you will help me sing a song, and then you will tease me by covering you mouth and not singing! You think you are pretty funny...I guess I do too! You also love helping me at home. Your two favorites are helping with dinner and helping clean the bathrooms! I've made the mistake of cleaning the bathroom and having you discover it when I was almost done. Needless to say we started all over!!
Your favorite color is purple and you love anything with purple in it. You also still love ladybugs! One of your favorite birthday presents was a purple bike helmet with ladybugs on it!! You still also like The Little Einsteins but I think you would rather color than watch t.v. these days. You also love jumping on the trampoline, trying to ride your bike, playing with friends, and riding your scooter. You are constantly following your older sister trying to keep up with her and her friends. You always run a few steps behind, but you never give up trying to catch them! When you want to hear your favorite song, "I am a Child of God" you ask me to sing "Jesus of God" to you! You often want to hear "Jesus of God" before bed and after a time out! You also have come up with you own word this year. You are often overheard saying "Flubba Dubba" over and over again. We have all picked up on it and have started calling you flubbadubba!

You have always had brilliant blue eyes that strangers like to comment on. Your eyes tell a lot about you! You are very expressive and let us know how you are feeling! I love looking into your eyes everyday and knowing that the Lord has blessed me with you. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect four year old! I am excited to see who you become in this next year of your life! You have so much you are looking forward too. You are so excited for swim lessons, playing on the trampoline with the sprinkler and having a new little baby in our family this summer. I look forward to seeing what else you enjoy this year and seeing the ways in which you will grow. I love you BB and will always feel blessed to have you in my life.
Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Natalie said...

She is such a cute girl, with an adorable fun loving personality! We just love her...