Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter!!


We had a fun Easter weekend at our house last week. The girls had been excited all week to decorate Easter eggs, and could hardly wait until daddy woke up Sat afternoon (he was on the mids shift) to decorate their eggs! As soon as he was awake, the painting began!

This year I bought a kit that you could roll paint onto the eggs, as well as the traditional dyes. My girls love coloring so I thought the paint rollers would be a big hit. They both enjoyed rolling the eggs, but B didn't like getting her hands dirty. Mommy helped hold the egg while B would roll the paint on. M did fine holding the egg and getting a bit dirty...I guess she has realized that she can wash her hands when all is done!!




We had some fun eggs this year. B was done before M so she went back and repainted most of her eggs! The colors didn't come out as brightly but I figured that her having fun was what was important. By the end B thought it was pretty funny to "accidentally" paint up onto mommy's fingers! She is a silly little girl!


Easter morning the girls had to wait for daddy to get home from work before they could see what the Easter bunny had left for them. Luckily they only had to wait about ten minutes! They were so cute finding their eggs. It was so fun watching them both get so excited for each other. M would help B reach eggs that were hidden high and they both just giggled the whole Easter egg hunt!




They both had so much fun finding all their eggs! The Easter bunny left a DVD for M and a Ladybug game for B, and they both got a little bunny. B decided to name her bunny "Honey" and carried it with her all day. R and I both laughed about that because he sometimes calls me Honey Bunny and B went around all day talking about her "Honey" bunny! I thought that was pretty sweet!






This year the girls were old enough to pick out their own dresses! M's favorite color is blue, so we went with that color!






I tried to get B to get the same dress as M but she was insistent she did not want to match M! She definitely has a mind of her own. I didn't dare buy the same dress either, because I knew she wouldn't wear it if I did! I do love the dress she picked though!








M looked so sweet in her dress. She is such a great little girl. She ended up coming down with a fever that day and has been sick for the past week. I am grateful she was at least able to have a fun morning before she started feeling sick! I love Easter and all the happiness it brings.






6 comments:

Casey said...

So cute! Did B get the Grumpy Ladybug game? Based on the Eric Carlyle book? If not, look for it at Target... super cute and cheap too! Glad you had a fun Easter! Love you and miss you!

Natalie said...

They look so cute in their dresses! Sounds like a fun holiday ~

museumeg said...

Such cute dresses! I love them! Such cute girls too!

JeMM said...

That is so great they picked out their own dresses! Good for them! Darling family - I liked M's dress at church yesterday too!

It's a Boy!!! said...

So funny that B had to have her very own dress. I like the sassy red shoes that they are wearing. Very chic!

amelia said...

looks like they had as much fun dying easter eggs as i did. :) though i didn't get to paint anyone's fingers...

love you all! give your cute girlies a hug for me.