
So, I have the best husband in the word!! He is so positive and supportive of me no matter how negative and down I get. I was not having the best day Monday and woke up still a bit out of sorts Tuesday morning. After wondering through my day Tuesday I got a delivery around three in the afternoon. I went to the door and was greeted by a man holding a HUGE bouquet of flowers. It was such a wonderful treat! In order to brighten my day R had ordered me flowers. When I talked to him later I asked him if he just told the shop to put together a bouquet and he said no. He had told them to put together a bouquet of some of my favorite flowers. He told them he wanted stargazer lilies, snap dragons, and hyacinths! I was shocked that he remembered the names of some of my favorite flowers. He is so great. Now my house smells so good (thanks to the lilies and hyacinths) and every time I see the flowers I am reminded how lucky I am to have someone who loves me in spite of all my flaws! (A funny side note, when I first got the flowers I was a bit annoyed because I had to trim them and arrange them in a vase. I instantly realized how stupid that sounded but I later joked with R that next time her should have them put in a vase! I think he was in a bit of shock until he realized I was joking!)
2 comments:
what a sweetheart. and we have some of the same favorite flowers. i always loved spring in utah because of the hyacinths (do you have any planted in your yard?). and southern california is a great place for snapdragons. and lilies. well, lilies of all varieties are beautiful. and the stargazers are such a gorgeous color combo.
he's a keeper, jen. just in case you didn't already know that...
Jeni-
I would have been annoyed at having to answer the door! Hee, hee, hee!
Today I was on the phone, still in my sweats (as I write this I still haven't made it out to run - remember your post about running!) anyway, my doorbell rang and I was on the phone taking a cookbook order....so I was annoyed...and when I went upstairs to see who it was - they had left an order for 10 cookbooks in the crack between my door and frame (yup - that whole house settling thing makes that possible!) SO....sometimes that which annoys us turns out to really make us happy!
I love you!
tash
Post a Comment