
Okay, sorry it has been so long since my last post. As I mentioned in a previous post I was set to run a 5k with R but little M got sick the night before and I was up with her all night catching her vomit. Sorry about the description...but it is what happened. Anyway, I have been running consistently and it feels great. Today I ran two miles and when I got done I felt the sweat running down my back. Most people would probably think this is gross, and it is, but it also feels great. See, I am the type of person that hardly ever sweats. I could do an hour of aerobics and hardly break a sweat. I only sweat (or perspire as my dad would say) when I am working really, really hard. So, to finish a run and feel a droplet of sweat run down my back makes me feel good that I was able to push myself to have a good run. Running is not easy for me and I usually have to play mind games with myself to make myself do it! I tell myself just one more lap and once that lap is done I convince myself I can do more. It goes like this until the whole run is over. I finally feel like I starting to get some control in my life and feeling the sweat run down my back reminds me that I am in control of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment