
For those of you who don't know I am a cookie lover. I don't eat just any cookie though. Buy those mass made store bought cookies and I will pass over them anytime in the cupboard. On the other had, let me make cookies, especially with my favorite little helpers, and I will be happy! Baking with my little girls is one of my favorite things to do with them. I was recently inspired by a post from Mrs. Dub to share my favorite cookie recipe. I couldn't come up with one...so here are my top three! Enjoy!

Chocolate Crinkles (My favorite as a child!)
2 cups sugar
½ cup oil (I use canola)
2 tsp vanilla
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled a bit
4 large eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup powdered sugar
Mix oil, sugar, vanilla and chocolate. Mix in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours (or put in the freezer for one hour if you’re in a hurry for yummy cookies!)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet. Drop balls of dough in powdered sugar and roll around to coat. Bake 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake! I take them out when they still look a little underdone! Enjoy. (We sometimes call these flour cookies because my daughter used to think they were rolled in flour, so the name stuck!)
Chocolate Chip Cookies2 cups sugar
½ cup oil (I use canola)
2 tsp vanilla
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled a bit
4 large eggs
2 cups flour2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup powdered sugar
Mix oil, sugar, vanilla and chocolate. Mix in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours (or put in the freezer for one hour if you’re in a hurry for yummy cookies!)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet. Drop balls of dough in powdered sugar and roll around to coat. Bake 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake! I take them out when they still look a little underdone! Enjoy. (We sometimes call these flour cookies because my daughter used to think they were rolled in flour, so the name stuck!)
I have made many chocolate chip cookies in my lifetime but none compare to this recipe a friend gave to us when we got married!
1 ¼ cups butter flavored Crisco
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 ½ cups brown sugar
2 scant tsp salt
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp vanilla
Mix/ cream above ingredients. Then add
4 ¼ cups flour
1 bag of milk chocolate chips (Ghirardelli work best!)
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake! Take out just when turning brown!
Banana Drop Cookies (This is a family recipe that might sound different but is so good!)
¾ cup shortening
¾ cup brown sugar
Cream these two together then add the following:
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe bananas mashed (bananas that are too brown to eat)
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp soda
chopped walnuts (optional, but really good!)
The batter will be somewhat sticky and that’s OK! Drop cookie dough onto cookie sheets with a spoon. Cook at 375 degrees for 8-12 minutes. Do not overcook!
Frost with brown sugar frosting:
6 Tbsp brown sugar
4 Tbsp canned milk (are whatever milk or cream you have on hand)
4 Tbsp real butter
Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 1 tsp vanilla. Add powdered sugar to spreading consistency. If icing gets thick before finishing cookies, just warm up in the microwave for a few seconds or add a bit of milk! I almost always double this recipe of cookies because it is so good!

12 comments:
Whenever I make those banana drop cookies I think of you...our family loves those things (me especially)!! If I send them to work with M, they are gobbled up in about 10 seconds with requests for more soon. What a great mom you are to take time out and let your girls make fun memories while baking.
Yummy... all three of them! When you first told me a few years ago that you were making Banana cookies I thought it was a bit strange, then I tried them and loved them! We make them all the time now with our darkened bananas... I especially love the frosting!
I am now craving some chocolate crinkles...
I love those chocolate crinkles. R's mom used to make them. We call them NJ's cookie's in our family!
yummy. i'm a sucker for a good cookie, too. nothing better. in fact, there are moments when i'd take a good cookie over a piece of pumpkin pie. and you know how much i love pumpkin pie...
and i love the cute pictures of the girls helping. such fun for them! little B looks so much like you in the picture of M breaking the egg...
can't wait to see you.
cookies are totally my favorite, too. It's a good thing I'm morning sick and baking makes me want to ralph, or I would be running to the kitchen right now to make your recipes. THANKS.
ugh, banana drop cookies sound la-la-liscious. can't wait to whip those bad boys up!
Banana cookies happen to be on my agenda today! I've been putting it off, and you know those bananas won't wait forever! But now, thanks to that picture, I want crinkle cookies! YUM!
They all sound great! Thanks for sharing!
seeing your cookie recipes reminds me of NY and Settlers. Fun! And your girls are so cute!
Who is queen mommy?
I'm curious to hear who queen mommy is as well. You definitely make the best chocolate chip cookies! Wish we were closer to play games and eat cookies this weekend!
My girls call me "queen mommy" sometimes because they like to be princesses. But really, they run the show around here!
Marie Johnson
Post a Comment