Monday, April 7, 2008

Simplicity


Lately, M has been saying she never wants to grow up (because she always wants to get toys for presents) and she never wants to get married (because she wants to live with me forever)! Tonight, on the way home from gymnastics (our weekly FHE!) M and B had a fun conversation that went something like this:
M: B, when you grow up do you want to get married?
B: I get marry when I grow up...ya.
M: You want to get married? Are you sure?
B: Ya, I get married when I grow up.
M: OK, well, you just need to pick a boy.
B: Why M?
M: Because...that's what you do when you get married...you pick a boy.
B: Oh
I thought that was a cute little conversation. Good thing you don't just pick a boy...I would've had some real winners before I ended up with R! (Not that they were knocking my door down, and some were winners, I'm just happy with the boy I did pick and who picked me back!)
If life were only so simplistic... wouldn't it be great to be five and two again on certain days?!

4 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

Plus its a lot harder 'to pick' for those of us that are normal, not like you when all the guys think you are super hot. But then I guess it was hard for you when they just want you for your body and not your mind.

zeeny said...

I guess it is hard being perfect and beating off the guys daily...but I wouldn't want to put my trials on anyone else! Of course Winnie, you know how I feel...all those guys at the BYU chasing both of us daily...it got exhausting!

EstesSBTAK said...

I love the cute pic of B... precious.

Natalie said...

Your girls are too cute. I don't think that topic has ever come up in our home, perhaps it is a male/female thing... I think the girls at school talk about marrying the boys and the boys talk about whether they'll play kick ball or capture the flag! Wouldn't it be fun if Carson was a contender in 15 years or so... you know he'd make a girl very lucky!