Dear M,
Today is your 7th Birthday! I can't believe how quickly seven years has gone by. You were my first little tiny baby and I will always look back at becoming a mommy with fondness. You have taught me so much about life in these past years! I love you so much!
This past year has been full of fun and growing for you. You finished first grade knowing how to read, write, and do lots of math! You love reading and have even read a book everyday of the summer this year. You love playing library and school with your sister and friends, and you usually want to play the art teacher. You love being creative and coloring and have been a great teacher for your little sister! You have also developed a love for singing this year. You had a great music teacher who helped you learn to love to sing. You have also started writing poetry and have finished writing a book!
This past year you played soccer for the second time and you loved it!! You played with your daddy as a coach which you really loved. Not only did you like playing soccer in the fall and spring, but you have learned how to play kick ball, which is another thing you love!!
You love being outside with friends and always have a good time with them. You are silly, funny, and always kind. You take turns with friends and always care about their feelings. I am so proud of the little girl you have become!
You have lost four teeth this past year (six total) which always makes us happy when we see your toothless smile! You are a beautiful girl, inside and out. If you do get upset, you are quick to feel bad and tell me you are sorry. You love your little sister so much and I am always so surprised how compassionate you are towards her. I hope this quality of compassion continues to grow with you as you grow. You have also decided not to fear bugs! In fact, you have become quite enthralled with them. You always want to squish the bugs inside and when you are outside you squat down to study the little creatures! I am quite happy to have a bug squisher in the house!
This past year included many activities. You continued with gymnastics and ballet and added tap dancing to your activities! You enjoy all three, but I think you really had fun tapping. You enjoyed wearing your shoes and making beautiful music with your feet!!
Your favorite color this year is blue! It has become a standard in your wardrobe and your walls just got painted blue for your birthday!! You enjoy watching Phineas and Pherb, Max and Ruby, and Zack and Cody and staying up for movie nights. Your favorite foods is soup, french fries, and chocolate crinkle cookies (flour cookies)!!
I love you so much Madelyn. I look forward to seeing you continue to grow and become your own person. You are kind and generous and hope to see all those good qualities grow with you.
Love,
Mama
3 comments:
SO darling! Happy birthday M! Love you!
This is so sweet! I've got to remember to do this on my kid's birthdays. Happy Birthday M!
Happy Birthday! Can you believe she's going into the second grade??? I remember when she was just two! You are a wonderful mom... look at all the amazing things you've done for her! She's a lucky girl.
Post a Comment