Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New Rooms!!


M has been asking for a blue room for the past year or so. A bit over a year ago she decided blue was her favorite color. I thought it was a passing phase, but have found out blue is here to stay!! This year for her birthday she got not bedding and the day before her real birthday (one day before the due date of this new baby!) her auntie A and I painted her room blue!! She was so excited. Both her and B got to help paint this time! It was a bit more work with two extra helpers but I think they had a lot of fun!!





This is M's new bedding! She loves it, although she says the sheets aren't as comfortable as her old sheets. I told her once we wash them a few times they will get softer!





M helped pick out the color of her walls and helped pick out her new dresser that was delivered the day after her birthday! She was really excited about the mirror on her new dresser! Since her room has been redone she has been really good at making her bed everyday and picking up all her toys!! I am so excited we finally got to fix her room the way she wants it!






B also has a somewhat new room! Auntie A helped me paint her room last summer, but we just got a new dresser and some artwork for her walls!




We call her room the "Birdie Room" Whenever anyone in our family is referring to her room, we say the "birdie room"!!





I love the bed set we found. I just have to find some curtains and hang a few more pictures and her room will be done!








This is B's new dresser and artwork. She did not pick out the color of her walls and has never stopped talking about how she didn't want blue...she wanted purple paint. She is under the impression that I will repaint the walls soon but I think she will have to wait a little while before I change the walls! I should have listened to her in the first place, but I thought the blue would grow on her!!!






3 comments:

smlaw said...

Cute rooms and the dressers are really cute too. They go with the rooms really well. I just wish I could see it in person!!

Guinevere said...

You guys are so creative. Love the colors too. Congrats girlies on your new dwellings :) Your mom and dad love you loads...

Natalie said...

The rooms fit the girls so well, M's is perfect. Perhaps she can help Kailey pick out something cute for her room... we've been thinking about repainting - Samson isn't fond of the two color look...