Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween








This Halloween weekend was full of all kinds of fun activities for the girls. To start off B's preschool class went trick or treating at a college office building near by. It is so fun to watch the kids line up and parade over to the college! B was so excited to be a cat this year!























I had to throw this picture of B helping carve her cat pumpkin. We had kind of a crazy week and so the whole family never sat down together to carve pumpkins. I kind of did them when C was sleeping and I could find the time! I just love this picture of B...reminds me so much of my sister T...who I am sure B inherited "the black look" from! She did much more when she was younger...but B still relies upon the black look every now and then!! I also thought it was funny that she insisted on wearing her kitty cat ears while carving her kitty pumpkin!








On Friday night we went to the ward trunk or treat party and chili cook off! The girls were so hyper while we were trying to get ready and baby C was totally grumpy. She got her shots earlier in the day and by the evening she was tired and fussy. She spent more of the party in her car seat, which seemed to appease her.





M and her friend K have been friends since they were about two years old. I can't believe how big they are getting. It is nice having close friends around...especially when family is far away!



Right when we all started getting dinner B came up to me crying telling me she wanted to go home. She felt warm and said she didn't feel good. This is coming from a girl who was bouncing off the walls not ten minutes earlier. I felt so bad for her. I cuddled her for the night and when it was time to trunk or treat she sat in the car and tried to sleep while mommy took her bucket around to trick or treat for her. She did walk in the costume parade, but really didn't want to let go of her sister. I felt so bad for her.

M and B have had their costumes planned for this year since before last Halloween. I am surprised that they haven't changed their mind in the past year! They have talked about it a lot since last fall. M wanted to be a witch and B wanted to be her pet kitty. M wanted to be a mean witch and B wanted to be a mean kitty cat!! It was funny to watch her Halloween night walking around meowing at everybody! She felt good all of Halloween day and so we let her trick or treat. Later, at bed time she started feeling sick again, but at least she felt good while trick or treating!!









M was a great little witch this year. She wanted her face to be green, her hair green and a mole on her face! Mommy did the best I could with the makeup skills I have!!











































B wanted black nails to compliment her costume, which she went around clawing the air with!


















M wanted orange nails with black dots all over. She wanted long nails because she has seen witches on t.v. with long nails and pointy fingers. I let her grow her nails out a bit to help her be more excited about her costume!
















The girls trick or treated with our neighbors again this year. They have so much fun going out with their friends! This year it was raining when they first went out, but the rain soon let up! I don't think anything could have stopped the kids from enjoying trick or treating!


Baby C was a skeleton this year. She looked so cute with her little outfit and big bow!! R thought the bow over powered her head and I thought it was cute. A lot of people have agreed with me about the bow...so it stays!! C stayed with me and passed out candy while the girls and daddy went out in the rain to trick or treat.




















I think C was totally confused and eventually mad when I kept interrupting her nursing to pass out candy!













And finally the pumpkins from this year! M wanted hers to be carved into a witch to match her costume...


















B wanted a kitty cat to match her costume...




















so of course we had to do a skeleton to match C's costume! Not very cute for a baby, but we couldn't mess up the theme!!


Despite the rain we had an awesome Halloween. Now, here is to another full year of talking about the next Halloween!!
















2 comments:

Natalie said...

So fun... I can't believe you did all that pumpkin carving on your own - we never got around to it, so ours are still sitting outside - uncarved!

The kids looked way cute, I love Claire's outfit and her bow!!

Beckers said...

The pumpkins and costumes are very impressive! What Talent!