Friday, June 29, 2007

Water Woes!


So, what would you do if you were standing at your sink cleaning up after dinner and your four year old starts talking back to you? (Mind you, she has been pretty sassy lately) Would you:


A. Ignore her and just get the dishes done

B. Take the water hose attachment and squirt it at her because she is in perfect range

C. Scream at her and send her to her room

D. I'm a better parent than that, my child wouldn't talk back


If you answered D, I probably wouldn't hang out with you! If you answered B we are probably long lost friends. Although I was already busy cleaning a dirty kitchen and I knew squirting water at M would make more of a mess, I thought the punishment fit the crime and it gave me a good laugh. I was hoping M would laugh too but I should have known better. She was so upset that I got her wet! She cried while B looked on in disbelief! M told me the rest of the night that it was my fault she was all wet. I tried to explain to her if she would not have talked back to me she wouldn't have gotten wet. Her logic is, "No mom, if you wouldn't have shot the water at me from across the room I wouldn't have gotten wet." All in all it was better than losing my temper at her and I think she will think twice about talking back to me...at least while I'm standing at the sink with the water running! I do love my little M.

5 comments:

amelia said...

oh my. that's hilarious. and perfect. did you help her dry off afterwards?

zeeny said...

Yes, I had to calm her down and dry her off...she was pretty upset!

natasha said...

love it! It is always better to "shock 'em" then yell out the same old empty threats.....ha, ha, ha - I wonder if that would work on teenagers ?

tash

amelia said...

i think i'd pay good money to see you squirt steven from across the room cause he gave you some lip...

ha. that would be some prime entertainment. :)

The Merrell Family said...

Ha! So funny. This made me laugh outloud!!