So, I guess I win the worst blogger award! I will gladly accept and apologize to all my loyal fans (all two of you) for leaving you empty handed when visiting the past week. I do, however, have a good reason for blogging. In the past week I have read four books (1,800 pages plus a few!)What, you ask, has been so good, well let me explain!
While on vacation my sister in law A, asked if I had read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I said no and she immediately ran to get the first book for me.
I didn't want to hurt her feelings and turn down reading the book since she was s
enthusiastic about it. Little did she know that I have been secretly mocking the book for the past year of so. I mean really, I read real literature, not teenage vampire romance novels...as if people! (Even when my sister A, who is working toward a PhD in English literature recommended the books, I have to question her judgement for a bit!)
In an effort to maintain my relationship with my sister in law, I decided to attempt reading the book. I started reading on vacation and thought the first book was okay, just nothing great in the beginning. By the end of vacation I decided to borrow her copy of the book so I could at least

finish is and decide if I wanted to read the other two books. In all honesty I liked it but it wasn't my favorite book out there. I decided it would be worth reading the other books though just to see what happens.
I then go to the library to find the second book. I have to go to the young adult section to pick up the book. I have somewhat embarrassed since it was in the corner of the library and there was a neon sign that announced to the world you were entering the young adult section. (The neon sign kind of gave it a bad feel, if you know what I mean!)

I read the second book in about six hours and am totally hooked. I go to church Sunday and am somewhat reluctant to stay for a meeting I had because I want to get through the third book and see how the story ends. (I did go to my meeting though!)
So, I have to eat my pride and say I have read the teenage vampire romance novels and I misjudged them. I am quite excited for the fourth book of the series to come out. Not my favorite books of all time, but definitely a fun read and something out of the ordinary for me!

The fourth book I read was totally different than the first three I read. Left To Tell, is the biography of a woman who survived the Rwandan holocaust in the nineties. It is a great read that I would recommend to all. I read it today, while also having time to totally clean the house. It was a quick read, but was a great reminder of what true faith can be.
Sorry for my absence from the blogging world, it was worth my four books though!
8 comments:
Oh I'm so jealous of your book time! It's one of the reasons I look forward to summer, because that's when I take the time to read! I'm going to take your suggestions, and see if my library has them. Glad you're back to blogging!
Sounds like fun.
So... Vampire or Werewolf? Why...
Well I have to say I am still not totally convinced and though I have heard of these books and everyone says they are great, I am still too prideful. Maybe this summer.
You are too funny! I love all of those books. It's kinda funny you added that last book, becuse i loaned out all 4 of those books to one person last week. Are we going to camp out in front of Barn's & Noble in Aug, Like die hard Harry potters fans?? I have never read one Harry Potter books, so I understand the 'young adult' stigma. I'm glad you liked them. As a 'fan' I'm looking foward to seeing your vacation pics too.
I enjoyed the vampire books, and it was a bit embarrassing to tell people about them, but everyone who read them got hooked! I love it when there are books to get sucked into, even though the world around gets neglected, I got sucked into a book called "Germ" and fell behind on my college material, but I don't feel too bad about it!
definitely vampire, not werewolf.
and no need to camp out. both borders and barnes & noble are taking pre-orders and will reserve a copy for you.
I'm putting your 4th book on my GoodReads "to read" list right now.
LOVE book posts.
Post a Comment