I have a bit of advice for all of you in blogger land. Here are two questions you should NEVER ask a woman...or a man for that matter! Here goes:
1. "Are you pregnant?" Why no, but thanks for making me feel fat today, never mind the twenty or so pounds I've lost!
2. "Are you considering gastric bypass surgery?" What? Did that really just come out of your mouth? Do I look like I need to consider it?
Just a few tips in making talking with women easier. Now, these are two subjects you know you never need to broach with a woman!
AND YES, I HAVE BEEN ASKED BOTH IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS!!! I"M NOT BITTER OR ANYTHING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
What?! Did you punch those people in the face? My mother-in-law has always threatened to spit in someone's face if they ever ask her a question as rude as one of those...
You have got to be kidding. First of all, that's just rude. Second, as I look back through your pictures I don't see any pictures where you look either pregnant or like a gastric bypass surgery candidate. Was the person blind?
The nerve of some people--HONESTLY! I'm with Abbie, you neither look pregnant (and congrats on the weight-loss btw...I know you've been working hard on the strides you've been making) nor like a candidate for such a drastic surgery. Unfortunately, some people just don't engage the brain before speaking!
Some people just don't get it... AND don't ask me if I am pregnant and follow it up with, "Your legs look great!" It's called social etiquette and many women don't have it!
You know I think you're hot, right?
Our ward has a serious problem with certain members asking non-pregnant women if they're pregnant. Apparently some people just like to ask the question, which is not appropriate in any situation. I think you're fully justified in any rude response you can come up with on the spot.
That is so ridiculous. Those questions are completely unfounded. I would have been so tempted to reverse the question - no, are you?
What? Pregnancy should be obvious enough that you DON'T have to ask it and even if obesity was, you should still never ask question 2? Can you give details, cause I don't understand why anyone would ask you those questionS...
The pregnant question came from a new member of our ward...she is pregnant and came over and we were talking about her being pregnant. She asked if I was too! I was kind of taken off gaurd. I didn't ask her if she was prego, she volunteered. The gastric bypass surgery was asked by one of my visiting teachers. One of them had the surgery and I asked her something about it and the other one asked me if i was considering it!
Sounds like it's time for new visiting teachers...can I volunteer? I don't mind the long distance thing either!!! I probably would have started to cry right in front of them, maybe then they would have realized what a retarded comment had just emerged from their lips!!!
OK.... Miss zeeny you are looking like one hot momma!! Who cares what people say! The Gastric Bypass question was really out of line. But I never see the pregnancy question as too bad, just because being pregnant is such a happy experience, I don't think anyone asks that because you look a bit rounder that day. Any way you have been looking great. And from what I hear looking great leads to babies anyway :)
I was asked (at church)if I was pregnant just last month. I really love the women who asked me and knew I should have worn a different dress that day! And each time I put on a swiming suit my dear Camille touches my tummy and gets all excited as she exclaims "you've having a bady" No, I'm just having a bigger gut than in the past. Just for fun I think If I'm asked agian I will say yes and watch the news spread to Mark and see what he says!
Post a Comment