Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Do You See What I See?!


Do you see what I see?! Why yes, that grass has been freshly mowed by yours truly!! We have been out of town on vacation and it hadn't been mowed in almost a week and a half. To put it in other terms, it was like a months worth of growth in SoCal!! R has been so busy at work and hasn't had a chance to mow it. He was going to mow it last night before mutual but I decided I would rather spend time with him than have him out mowing. I put B down for a nap, M went to the neighbors to swim, and I hauled myself out in the 91 degree heat with 98% humidity to mow the lawn!! Two hours later and many trips to our forest to dump the clippings and I was done. Yes, I was totally sweating and had a bit of a head ache but that cold shower sure felt nice after I was all done! I know, I'm pretty much the best wife! R agreed as well when he came home expecting to mow and drove up to the beauty of freshly mowed grass!!
Note to self: in the future, try not mowing in the middle of the afternoon...it might be cooler at any other point of the day!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

You truly are superwoman! I bet you got a great workout...

amelia said...

you're awesome! and so nice. good thing your husband appreciates you. if he didn't i might have to smack him around a bit. and i know how to do that--just ask john. :)

wendy_d23 said...

what a wife. I have never mowed a lawn in my life.

Meri said...

It's got to be cheaper than a gym membership! But, B now knows that you can mow lawns...

Casey said...

I LOVE how the lawn looks just after it's been mowed...reminds me of the fresh "track" marks you get after vacuuming the carpet! It's the little things in life that makes me smile! If you lived closer, I have 2 boys that are big enough to mow now! It's fabulous! But I still like to do it myself now and again!

Camilla said...

way to go! our men are so lucky to have us...hehe