Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One Complaint


So, M is home sick from school today so the only logical thing to do is take the girls for donuts. I guess she also had a breakfast sandwich, which is at least a bit of protein! So as we are at Dunkin Donuts I realize that they don't even have one donut worth eating. What a sad thing!

I grew up in a family that really loves donuts. I remember my dad going to get donuts for us quite often on Saturday mornings. And in my family, one donut is not enough...at least two is OK, if not three! Where I grew up there were lots of good local donut shops that we were able to frequent.



Unfortunately, where I live now, the only choice is Dunkin Donuts. I guess it serves it's purpose, but the donuts are definitely not homemade. Some days I just want a good donut and can't get it!
A few years ago, on one of our trips to PA, I discovered this donut shop. Their donuts are soooo good. They have Peanut butter cream donuts with chocolate frosting. Hello, does it get better than that. So today as I was at our donut shop I thought, maybe on our trip to PA this weekend, I'll have to stop for a donut...or more! (OK, who am I kidding, I've been thinking about these donuts ever since we decided to go to PA, I know, I am obsessed but I have been deprived for so long!!)


5 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

Wait, so are any of those donuts actually maple? I used to have a maple bar in jr high almost everyday, they were $.25. Now I can't find them in the south anywhere. Where are the maple bars???

museumeg said...

Amen sister! I HATE Dunkin Doghnuts! I think they figure that since everybody loves their coffee then they don't have to worry about their doughnuts. I miss those local doughnut shops with super good homemade doughnuts. None of those can survive here. Krispy Kreme couldn't even survive here. That's how much of a stranglehold DD has.

Natalie said...

Those donuts look delicious! I am glad you'll get something yummy this weekend... I like maple bars, but haven't had one in years!

Casey said...

We have the same complaint! I remember road tripping from CA to UT with your family, and being horrified at the # of donuts that were put away! And no one was ashamed at the pigging out at all! We have found one decent donut place in Lehi...The Country Bakery...but they open early and close early, so you have to get there at the right time! Apple Fritters and maple bars are 2 of my fav's! Hope you get your fix too!

Sandra said...

Where in Pa?
I will have to try them they sound great!