Monday, October 26, 2009

Ladybug Wranglers

Last Friday the weather turned warmer than usual which brought all the ladybugs out!! This seems to happen every spring and fall around here. M got off the school bus and saw all the ladybugs and never made it inside! She has been loving bugs lately so she of course wanted to collect all the ladybugs she could. I think by the time the afternoon was over she had wrangled 23 ladybugs.

B of course loves ladybugs, but screamed whenever one flew on her! It was pretty fun watching these two little ladies chase these bugs all afternoon.










M arranged the ladybugs in a flower shape and wanted a picture taken. I was surprised most of the ladybugs stayed in place. M promptly named the one that tried getting away, speedy!









B was really surprised to find that not all ladybugs have spots. It took her a few minutes to believe that the plain red bug was also a ladybug. She also thought it was funny that we found an orange and a yellow ladybug! I thought that was pretty cool as well!














I eventually got a bowl the girls could use to collect all their bugs. They wanted to save them and bring them inside...B is obsessed with having a ladybug for a pet...but mommy wouldn't let them. Ladybugs actually smell, especially when they accidentally get squished!

















Here is speedy starting to make his escape!










It was such a nice afternoon to be outside. And while the girls had fun wrangling their ladybugs I had fun with my little bug!

1 comment:

Guinevere said...

I loved it when the ladybugs invaded! Looks like the girls had fun. Baby C is so beautiful. Happy Fall.