So, why title my post Bougainvillea? I suppose some of you don't even know what it is. (may I suggest looking it up on wikipedia.org) It is a flowering plant that usually has purple flowers on it and I saw it a lot growing up in SoCal (as the cool people say southern California, I'm just trying to be cool) Anywho, one Sunday our family was driving home from church and I saw a bunch of bougainvilla in a yard and just started yelling/singing the word bougainvilla. My family, especially my dad I think, thought I was crazy. I think it was funny the first couple of times I did it (I guess you had to have been there) but after that I think everyone was especially excited to get home and out of the car since I continued my little chant for the whole drive home. I am pretty sure I was laughing hard and crying at the same time because I thought I was so funny (I seem to think I am funny a lot and other people just stare at me. At least I can entertain myself, right?!!) This word, bougainvilla has kind of come to represent me. I am a bit crazy and overbearing at times and don't seem to care if people think I'm funny as long as I am having fun. Whenever I go home I try to pull out the bougainvilla chant at least once, if not multiple times! I usually get a cute laugh from my mom and my dad rolls his eyes at me and tries to hide his smile. I know he thinks it's funny though and just wants to pretend like he is annoyed! I will always be a bit crazy and goofy and that is what makes me like myself and have fun!! Does anyone in the fam remember this Sunday drive???
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Bougainvilla!!
So, why title my post Bougainvillea? I suppose some of you don't even know what it is. (may I suggest looking it up on wikipedia.org) It is a flowering plant that usually has purple flowers on it and I saw it a lot growing up in SoCal (as the cool people say southern California, I'm just trying to be cool) Anywho, one Sunday our family was driving home from church and I saw a bunch of bougainvilla in a yard and just started yelling/singing the word bougainvilla. My family, especially my dad I think, thought I was crazy. I think it was funny the first couple of times I did it (I guess you had to have been there) but after that I think everyone was especially excited to get home and out of the car since I continued my little chant for the whole drive home. I am pretty sure I was laughing hard and crying at the same time because I thought I was so funny (I seem to think I am funny a lot and other people just stare at me. At least I can entertain myself, right?!!) This word, bougainvilla has kind of come to represent me. I am a bit crazy and overbearing at times and don't seem to care if people think I'm funny as long as I am having fun. Whenever I go home I try to pull out the bougainvilla chant at least once, if not multiple times! I usually get a cute laugh from my mom and my dad rolls his eyes at me and tries to hide his smile. I know he thinks it's funny though and just wants to pretend like he is annoyed! I will always be a bit crazy and goofy and that is what makes me like myself and have fun!! Does anyone in the fam remember this Sunday drive???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yes. yes, i do. at least i remember one such drive home from church. whether it was the original or not is another question.
i've always thought it was fitting that there was bougainvillea involved in your wedding...
i can't say that i blame you for your obsession, though. it's a beautiful plant. and a perfectly fabulous word.
and even if other people don't think you're funny, i do. you always make me laugh...
Post a Comment