
Let me indulge and get this off my chest...I HATE RUNNING!!! Maybe I should clarify. I hate getting up and knowing I need to go running. I delay the run as long as possible. I play with the girls, talk with Ryan, watch the news and do whatever I can to delay the inevitable...running. I need my dad to wake me up every morning and tell to get dressed, we're going running. That was the only time in my life when I actually went running consistently!! Once I am on the treadmill I still don't particularly enjoy the run. Once I am off the treadmill though and done with my two miles I LOVE RUNNING!! I know, I'm a bit weird. I don't really enjoy the running and don't know if I ever will but I love the feeling I get when I am done. I have had a several year love/hate relationship with running and I know I will keep it up. It would be nice though if I could just get up and run without all the delay. So in spite of all my delays I guess in the end I LOVE RUNNING. (Just don't try to tell me that before my run!)
3 comments:
well, you're doing a hell of a lot better than i am. while you're at least up and about, i'm lying in bed. and i never manage to force myself to run/bike/whatever at all. at least you're getting it done, even if it takes a while to work up to it. :)
I couldn't have said it better myself! I feel exactly the same love/hate relationship with running! HOWEVER.....teenagers causing trouble have made me run MORE.....it is a great way to work out a little frustration....and believe it or not - I have actually enjoyed running over the last month! I must be getting old.
:) tash
Are you trying to say we weren't consistent when we ran in college? Whatever. But just so you know, my doctor says I am too fat and I have to exercise for 20 minutes a day. No joke. So I have run 5 days a week since my last appointment, and I love having a treadmill. You know I feel the same way about getting started, but I sure love it (after I am finished)
Post a Comment