Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow Angels



Yesterday it started snowing about noon and it has been snowing since! (the past 21 hours) They say it is supposed to stop snowing today and give up a break before another foot is expected on Sunday. We thought we would take advantage of all the fresh snow and go out and play for awhile! Yes, I even braved the elements and played with the girls outside!!





R took the girls out back where they had fun sledding down a little hill we have. He also helped them go down the slide, which was blanketed with snow! They especially liked doing that! B got a bit worried when R went down the slide because she thought he would break it.








M is getting so big and really does well in the snow. She is big enough that she can walk around without getting stuck! I think she would have played longer if mommy and daddy weren't tired! One of her favorite things was trying to throw snow balls at everyone. She also liked the huge slats of ice that R got off our trampoline and threw on the ground. I think she thought she had her own personal ice rink!














B is really fun to watch in the snow. She is still little enough that she has a hard time walking through so much snow! She really liked the slid, sledding and eating all the snow! At one point I watched her and she would just stick her had in the snow and then suck all the snow off her mitten. I think she did this for a good five minutes. She would also try and lick the snow that was blowing in her face. (as shown in the picture!)














Daddy, M, and B all made snow angels.


This is daddy's snow angel.



This is M's snow angel!









This is B's little snow angel!
We had a fun time playing in the snow and the girls are excited to go out again!

4 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

How fun! I am so jealous! Your girls are so big now!

Camilla said...

That snow looks like so much fun! I wouldn't mind a blanket of that around our house right now.

I stinketh not!! said...

B's snow angel is darling.. glad to know im the only one getting snow!

Guinevere said...

LOVE the snow! We think of you everytime they forcast the weather in NY! Love your coat...very diggity swank!! Merry Merry! Give the girls a sqeeze from us!