Monday, May 26, 2008

Baby Teeth!







Tonight R was putting the girls to bed when I heard M (who was already tucked in) yelling for something. R went back in and I continued doing what I was doing. Within minutes I hear M screaming like she is really upset/hurt. I run up the stairs and realize she isn't even in bed...oh no, she is in major trouble. I run to our bathroom and see her sitting on the counter crying with R holding her tooth and blood dripping out of her mouth. (M had called daddy back to her room to show him how loose her tooth was. Daddy then decided to give it a couple turns and yank it out!)
After the initial shock M got really excited to have lost her first tooth! (She is one of the last kids left in her class to lose a tooth!) She wanted to call grandma and Aunt A and let them know she lost her first tooth! She also helped write a note to the tooth fairy asking her if she could keep her tooth!
We'll update on it the tooth fairy was kind to her in the morning!
(On a side note...I did get a bit teary eyed thinking about my baby growing up. I guess there is no way to stop it, oh well, I'll just have to embrace it!)

4 comments:

Meri said...

There goes babyhood! :)

amelia said...

i *loved* getting a phone call about the lost tooth. and the chat about the tooth fairy. too bad the tooth fairy doesn't bring crisp benjamins. then i could appeal to M for a loan. :)

EstesSBTAK said...

Super fun. Treston is also waiting for his first tooth to come out.. he can't wait!

Casey said...

She's getting so grown up! It's so traumatizing and exciting all at the same time to lose those first few teeth! Unfortunately for us, the dentist has had to pull quite a few from all 3 big boys! Their "big" teeth get in such a hurry, that they crowd in the baby teeth so they won't wiggle out! UGH!