Okay, seven years ago when R and I made the trek out to the East from the BYU, we stopped at a small gas station in an even smaller town, somewhere in the mid west. I looked at the sign and couldn't believe how much gas was. Who, in their right mind would pay over two dollars a gallon for gas...even if it was ultra premium?! I was so shocked I forced R to go stand by the sign so we could document this craziness for our posterity. "Look grandchildren, some silly people used to pay this much for gas."
Needless to say, I have been humbled. When we first got our little corolla, we paid fifteen dollars for one tank of gas, which lasted us a month! I remember getting gas in SoCal (yes, I hate when people call it that!) for 95 cents a gallon in the summer of 99. Crazy how times change. I just paid $4.07 to fill up our mini van (wishing for corolla right now!). CRAZY! I'm not one who focuses too much on money. I figure the money fairies just keep filling up the bank so I just keep spending! Lately though, those money fairies have been slacking so I need to think a bit more about how often I go out, due to the crazy price of gas! Oh, to pay $2.11 again!
3 comments:
When we first moved to Atlanta [1994] gas was 69.9 at RaceTrac. When I was a kid you could get gas for 22.9 a gallon. Even in Venezuela today you can get it for about 7 cents a gallon. But, then again most can't afford cars... I guess we should be thankful and more creative in car pooling.
Either I am experiencing deja vu or you posted this picture before. None the less, I have to say that I am very annoyed with the gas prices. car fuel, jet fuel....these insane prices could put us out of a job! When Jeremy and I were dating (10 years ago) we once payed $.79 a gallon for gas...
yeah it's a bit crazy.... if I'm on empty it now costs me over 100 dollars to fill my tank. I just paid $4.70 the other day for my gas... =/
-Josh
Post a Comment