Sunday, October 5, 2008

Busy!




We've been busy around here the past few weeks. We have had my parents visiting and had one of R's mission companions and his family here. Here are a few things we got to do with grandpa and grandma.


Grandpa read lots of stories to the girls. R was working in the evenings so it was so nice to have my parents here to help with the girls and keep me company. I guess they also helped keep my house clean which is always nice! My dad is an expert dish washer!!

The girls had so much fun with their grandma and grandpa. One night they came down the stairs each wearing on of grandma's and one of grandpa's slippers. They had a lot of fun trying to walk in them! B also had a lot of fun playing with grandpa. One morning she played restaurant with him for about an hour, and he was one demanding costumer!! She just kept going back to her little kitchen to fix his order!! The day grandpa left B asked in the afternoon if he could come back to play with her!





We also went apple picking! The girls had fun, and it was a nice fall day. My favorite this year are the Cortland apples, R likes the Fuji and honey crisps, M liked the Cortland and B liked all the baby apples that were purple. (I tried to discourage picking the baby apples since they were small and not as ripe and we just let her believe the dark red apples were purple since that is her favorite color of late!!)








We are so glad my parents came out. We enjoyed going to a bakery for lunch, making pumpkin pie, going and browsing through the stores downtown, including a used book store, going to a national park and a local park, going to watch the girls at gymnastics and ballet, visiting a museum and just sitting and talking about lots of fun times!! We love you both and are so grateful you came. As a bonus to me...I didn't even cry until I watched you drive down the road...I believe that is a first for me!!










2 comments:

Natalie said...

It is always fun when family comes... and always a bit sad when they leave ~ I am glad you had a nice visit with your parents... I think I know how you can get them to come back.... Have a baby!

wendy_d23 said...

I love that soccer picture, hair blowing in the wind!