Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Halloween Cookies

One of the traditions we have is making Halloween cookies and delivering them to the neighbors. The girls love Halloween (even more than Birthdays and Christmas!) so I try to make it extra special for them. This year they both helped out so much.

B picked out a bat cookie cutter this year, that she just had to have! She really enjoyed cutting out the cookies. I must say that I was quite impressed with her this year. Last year I had to re-do a lot of overlapped cookie cut outs, but this year she did great!














M was also a great helper. She did such a great job rolling out the cookie dough. I figured I would have to help her, but I hardly had to do any of the rolling! I can't believe what a help she is!











B liked "helping" M roll the cookies out. They both also loved sprinkling the flour on the counter. B mostly sprinkled hers on the chair or in big piles, but she had fun!








Each of the girls only decorated a few cookies. Mommy decorates the cookies for neighbors. If they got the girls cookies they would be covered with candy, sprinkles, etc.!!











Our friends came over to decorate cookies with us! It was nice having someone her to chat with while we decorated so many cookies. And of course, the girls always love having their friends here!
















After the cookies are done we load them up in the wagon and deliver them to the
neighbors!

















I send M and B up to the door to hand out the cookies! I think they really enjoy giving something to our neighbors, I think they feel pretty special. I am so glad they are such big helpers and have so much fun giving!





6 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

So fun having holiday traditions! I wish I was one of your neighbors...

It's a Boy!!! said...

That is a great tradition! Do you think your girls could deliver some cookies to my door?

Natalie said...

Yummy... makes me want to make them again! Any good pics of my kids you could send me? Thanks!

Casey said...

Too cute! I love that tradition! Around here the neighbors "boo" each other, which the boys prefer because they like the ding dong ditching that's involved! This year and last we got "booed" twice on the same night before we could hang the ghost in the window!

It was fun to see Ryan for a few hours!

smlaw said...

I wish H had more fun sprinkling the flour on the counter-she mostly just eats the flour off the counter when I'm not looking and then says she didn't. However, flour all over her mouth is a bit of a giveaway!

Beckers said...

What a good mom! We haven't gotten to the cookies yet this year, so I'm not sure we will at this point. Oh well, there's always Christmas cookies, right!
Very cute blog by the way. I'm a little slow getting going!