Wednesday, November 19, 2008

First Snow!

On Monday we got a few snow flurries for the first time. It wasn't much, since when it hit the ground it immediately melted...which I'm not complaining about! I was watching M come from the bus stop and had to grab my camera quickly to catch her trying to eat the snow!

It was so funny watching her look up and turn in circles trying to eat the snow! I guess fresh snow might be refreshing after being on a crowded bus of kids!












It is funny to watch her coming home everyday. I usually wait on the porch for her since she is a big girl now and can come home by herself! She never walks straight home. She is always looking in the grass, kicking some rock or leaf, looking in the bushes, or kicking the dirt. I guess it is nice she has found things to entertain herself on the walk to the house...even though it is only up our driveway!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute girl!

Marie said...

She looks so grown up! Both of your girls are little cuties. :)

Grandma Pat said...

I'm sure Madelyn is looking for little garden fairies under those leaves and in the grass. They play there, you know. They must have their winter clothes on now, too. Madelyn's a sweetheart (and Brie, too.) LOVE, Grandma Pat

Casey said...

I'm glad she's kicking around rocks and leaves, because in a short time, those treasures will probably be buried under a PILE of snow!

Are you hosting people for the holiday next week?

Miss you!