Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Voting!



Okay, yesterday I voted and got a bit emotional doing so! I have yet to miss a presidental election since I have turned eighteen. I find it exciting to be a part of something so big!

I haven't thought of talking about the election with M. I didn't really think a six year old would be interested. Apparently they have talked about the election at school and even held an election of their own. She came home super excited that she voted for "Obock Obama!" I thought that was funny since we have never discussed the president elects with her! Since last week she has been super excited to see who wins the election.

Last night she went to bed super excited and when she woke up this morning she could hardly wait to see who was president. She told B she hoped "Obock Obama" won and B promptly informed her that she wanted Mickey Mouse to win!! I thought that my dad especially would appreciate that sentiment! (My dad doesn't seem to like many politician or mickey mouse, but I am guessing between the two he might pick mickey mouse!!)

Now, my six year old is dancing around our living room singing "Obock Obama!" She is so funny! When I told her not every country can vote she seemed quite incensed. I am glad at this young age she is starting to understand the importance of voting!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

The school did a great job talking to the kids about the election, both my kids voted at school too. Their votes were for McCain - one reason was because it would be cool to have the oldest president ever in the US. Obama won our elementary school vote - Carson even knew all about the electoral vs. popular votes and which states had the most and the least... Impressive for 3rd grade.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!

JennieO said...

My twins talked a lot about the election. I have to laugh at the funny ideas they get in their heads. They will come home and tell me funniest things about what will happen if "so and so" is elected.

amelia said...

i'm glad M was able to celebrate on wednesday morning. :)

and that your schools are doing their job. always a good thing.