Thursday, November 6, 2008

M's Tooth Necklace

Ever since M started kindergarten she has wanted to lose a tooth at school. When you lose a tooth at school you get to go to the school nurse and you get a tooth necklace that holds your lost tooth. She watched several of her friends get these necklaces last year and she really wanted one as well!



Fast forward a year and M has a really loose front tooth. She has been wiggling it for several weeks now. The past few days she has come home from school telling me that she tried to pull it out at school but it just wouldn't come out. Last night when I looked at it I could actually see a space at the bottom of her gum where the tooth comes down. I told her she should stop playing with it so she could try to pull it out at school!

Today, when M got off the bus she walked up to the door with a huge grin on her face. She was holding something in her hand but her mouth was closed as she smiled. When she got close
enough to me she opened her mouth and smiled really BIG! I immediately saw the missing tooth and realized she was holding onto her tooth necklace!!

She was so excited that she pulled out her own tooth (a first), lost it at school (another first), and was going to get a visit from the tooth fairy! It was so funny how she surprised me with the news and didn't just run up and tell me. She is such a cutie. I love her beautiful toothless smile! I can't believe my little girl is growing up!






Here M is with her new tooth necklace. As I type M is in bed with the tooth necklace (with the tooth inside) under her pillow waiting for the tooth fairy to arrive. Before she went to bed, she asked me if the tooth fairy ever left toys instead of money. I told her I was pretty sure the tooth fairy just left money. I asked her if she remembered how much money the tooth fairy left her the past two time she came and M said..."I think five dollars, no ten dollars." Okay, I am pretty sure her memory is a bit fuzzy on this one, but I have to give her credit! At least she is aiming BIG!!

5 comments:

JeMM said...

It is so exciting! I will have to ask her about it on Sunday!

Natalie said...

I love the toothless smiles... wait until the other one comes out! Eating can be a challenge without those two front teeth.

"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth..."

Anonymous said...

That is so fun that her school does that! I'm glad she lost her tooth there. I can't believe how expensive teeth are these days... poor tooth fairy!

Abbie said...

She looks adorable. What a fun little girl. While I was reading, I was thinking that that sounded like something you would do when you were her age. Okay, so it's something that I would have done too! :)

Dani W said...

That is super cute I love the fact that they give out necklaces that just makes the whole experience so much more fun for the girls. :)