A week ago Saturday M, you finished up your first soccer season. It was a good thing too, because it was pretty chilly for the last three games! After your game the coaches (including your daddy) handed out trophies and a soccer ball to all the players! You were so excited about your trophy. You brought it to the bus stop to show the kids on Monday and have carried it around for most of the last week. B has also taken a liking to it and has loved putting it on the table in front of her while she tries to draw it!
I am so proud of you M. You scored two goals this year and were so excited about them! It is so fun to see you do something and feel accomplished in it. I know you weren't the fastest kid on the field but I don't think anyone ever outdid you in the fun you had. You ran around the field each game with a smile on your face. When it was your time to sit out you couldn't wait to get back in the game!

I know that in life it isn't always easy to be the best at what you do. There always seems to be somebody who can run a little faster, or work a little harder. As long as you do YOUR best at whatever you set out to do, I know that will be good enough. I am so grateful that you are a good sport and feel happy for others when they accomplish things. I know if you take these lessons from soccer and apply them to life, you will go a long ways. I love you and am so glad you have become such a little athlete as well as a great cheerleader!
Love,
Mama
2 comments:
I love how you write to your girls on your blog. That is so sweet! And then they know their mama loves them.
Cute soccer pics and a cute little trophy too. I can't wait for H to start soccer in a year or two!
Post a Comment