Monday, August 13, 2007

8 Years and Counting!!


Happy Anniversary to my best friend. Eight years ago we were married in the L.A. temple. Eight years has included so many fun memories including:
*A fun honeymoon in San Diego with the monkeys and in Nauvoo with my parents!
*Late nights of studying at BYU
* Fun dates when we were poor. Going to El Azteca in Provo and sharing the nachos and fried ice cream.
*Him telling me I complain too much and me shooting back that "I'm sick of you complaining about me complaining!"
*Learning to become our own family and taking the best of both of our families and meshing them together.
*Tons of laughs especially when a door and face is involved!
*Moving to four different states in three years! (Utah, Colorado, New York, and South Carolina)
*Having two beautiful girls and R catching B by the leg as I catapulted her from my body. (I'll tell the story some time!)
*Lots of long talks, crying and support, especially on the end of my wonderful husband!
When I was dating R I remember thinking that I couldn't love him any more than I already did. About a week after I thought that I realized that I loved him more than I had the week before. I have loved him for nearly nine years and know that my love for him will continue to grow with time. Thanks for being my best friend, my best supporter, and the best husband I could have hoped for! (since you were better than what I dreamed of!) Here's to many eternities of loving you!

5 comments:

natasha said...

Look how cute you guys are! Ahh...Jeni you are still so very beautiful!!! AND you have two beautiful little girls that are so full of personality and spunk....big ideas those two have! They will grow into their big ideas and life will settle down and believe it or not....you will miss the days they used to hang on you and pester you and make you all tired waiting on them. They do grow up.....and it is good - just do your best to enjoy life today as it is - you are amazing!
tash
p.s. and your THICK hair is amazingly beautiful even though managing it means pony tails most days :)

zeeny said...

Thanks Tash for all the compliments...sometimes it is just what I need! I love ya

zippy said...

Happy anniversary! Eight is great isn't it?

Tad said...

Congrats, Yen! (and R)
I think I am finally over being mad at you for ditching out. J/K.
I am so glad you found someone so wonderful and who could give you such cute girls!

Looking back on the ward where you met R, random side note, I got an invite for Carl Smith's wedding today. Took him eight more years than you to find 'the one.'

zeeny said...

Win,
Is Carl the older one or younger one. (blonde or red head?) Thanks for the note!