Okay people...what does this look like to you? What's that...a can of rolls. Well, technically, you are right. I usually buy these rolls to have on hand just in case we need a little something extra with our dinner. Although I can make pretty good homemade rolls, I don't always have the time, so these work.
So when you see this can and see rolls, I see the can and see fear. Fear you say? Yes, FEAR. I have a phobia of opening cans that pop at any time. I hate pulling back the paper and not knowing at what moment the can will burst and send my heart pounding. What's that...you say I'm being dramatic...no people...opening these cans hurt my heart. I usually have R open them or just suck it up and deal with the fear for the good of my family. I know, no food is worth all the fear, but I suppose I will survive!
9 comments:
I get nervous everytime I open those cans to because you are right you never know when it will pop or if you will have to push on it to make it pop or how hard.
The things we do for convience.
I hear you! Totally felt the same way, Now I just hold the can in one hand and whack it on the edge of the counter until its open. No peeling, no anxiety!
You are funny... mine rarely open by peeling back the paper... I always have to press a spoon or something on the seam.
Perhaps you had a traumatic experience as a child with a "Jack in the Box" toy ~ I never did like those!
Ditto, I really don't enjoy opening those either. The peeling is the worst...that slow anticipation of what's about to happen. But they sure are YUMMY when they come out of the oven!!
I second the wack on the counter. I'm like you and hate the anticipation of the pop. Just pull back the paper an inch and give it a good wack. That will do the trick. It still pops, but in the same moment it hits and counter's edge, thus lessening the unpreparedness...
Damon likes to ask for rolls for dinner just so he can see me jump when the pop happens!
i must be a weirdo--i love opening those cans. :)
I remember that about you, and it still gives me a good laugh.:) My sister is scared of those cans as well.
Post a Comment