
So, in celebration of the fact that I have not missed a week of running in 26 weeks I have prepared a thank you speech for everything that has helped me! (OK, I did miss the week I had bronchitis and a sinus infection...but I think that was excused!)
First and foremost I would like to thank my running shoes. I love my asics and am grateful to H, R, and J for introducing me to them this past summer in Colorado! They are so comfortable and it is just a bonus that they have red on them!
I do think they would be better if they did my run for me, but short of that...they are great!
A special thanks to my MP3 player and all the artists that keep me going when I have wanted to stop! Although there are many to thank, a special thanks to Maroon 5, Bon Jovi, Guns & Roses, and Mary J for keeping me movin!
Thanks to my 90's hairband that has kept the hair out of my eyes while I am running. I can't tell you how annoyed I get when I can't focus on the run and have to focus on my hair! I know it isn't cute...but it does it's job!

Thanks to my socks that were also introduced to me this past summer by H. I love the cusshieness of them and they never feel like they are falling.

Thanks to Old Navy for my selection of tank tops to run in. Those of you who have worked out with me know that I always tuck my shirt sleeves into my bra so they don't bug me. I have solved this delima thanks to the sleeveless shirt...also known as the tank top!

Without my treadmill all this running would not have been possible. I guess I could run outside in negative degree weather but I never would! Another thanks to my water heater that I stare at while running. I have had many one sided conversations with that thing while running!

To my glass of water that is waiting for me when I am done running I am profoundly grateful!

To my little girls, B and M, thanks for playing and working out you little arguments while I run. Thank you also for waiting to get your hair done until after I am finished running!


And finally, thanks to seventeen pounds lost...and hopefully not to be found again... my runs have gotten a bit easier.
I don't know that I will ever love running like some people do. I wish I woke upo and craved it each day but I don't. I have come to realize that I need running though. It helps me feel good about myself and keep my emotions in check. Hopefully then next post about running will be when I have run for 50 weeks straight!
14 comments:
Way to go! 17 lbs is so great... You should be very proud of yourself!
Perhaps to get me started I need to get some new shoes... Mine are starting to dig into my heels - and my socks are always falling down! Ultimately, I know I am to blame, by why not try to make exercising more tolerable?
Congrats, 26 weeks! I really liked your speech, you are too funny. I too had a break due to a sinus infection and its killing me getting back into it. What kind of treadmill do you have, mine is a C2000 and looks just like yours! I should get on it right now, but I am going to go do the dishes instead. What kind of socks are those? I do need some better socks.
Fantastic! So awesome, you are a great inspiration, 26weeks and 17lbs are super!
SUCH A GOOD POST. So fun and inspiring and 17 POUNDS! That's awesome!
I loved your tribute, it was moving, heartfelt, and funny. Heck it even made me want to start running. But like you I will not go out in negative tempatures and unlike you I do not have a treadmill. That is so wonderful about losing 17lbs, that is quite an accomplishment and you should be very proud and even prouder (is that a word) that you made it 26 weeks. You are now my hero.
That is awesome! Way to go!
Congrats! You keep going girlie--you're awesome! LOVED the tribute to all the components that have helped you on your way--so creative!
Your posts are so creative! Way to go...keep patting yourself on the back. 17 lbs and 26 weeks. YOU ROCK!!
That is Awesome!!! I think you should reward yourself by buying a tv or something more to look at in front of your treadmill.
This is a fantastic moment for you! You should be so proud of your accomplishments. I'm glad you make the sacrifice to come to WW last night. Lest I sound like a shady personal claims lawyer from TV, you can do this, and we can help! Really, though, you can do this. While you are the only one who can put on those comfy shoes, you don't have to go it alone (besides the great workout paraphanalia). Keep up the good work!
Congrats. Keep up the great work. I also enjoy the aasics shoes... I found that the balego socks feel like butter. So soft! Have fun with the next 24 weeks. You are awesome!
congrats, those are two awesome accomplishments! i think the last time i ran for 26 weeks straight was when i was training for my half marathon. and i'm so jealous of the weight loss. congratulations!
Way to GO! You are awesome! I've checked back in to blogging again!
love you!
tash
hilarious.
rob
Post a Comment