Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Day!!!

Happy Valentine's Day...or I guess post Valentine's day I should say! We had a fun day around here! The day started with the girls waking up and finding their rooms heart attacked! They both loved their hearts and have not wanted to take them down!!


R brought me these beautiful pink roses the night before Valentine's day which was fun. The girls were probably just as excited about the flowers as I was! They were so happy daddy brought them flowers!
















M came home from school with a bag full of Valentine's and B quickly went and got her Valentine's she got from her little play group in the morning. M was so kind to B and let her help open all of her fun cards and candy. The funny thing is both girls don't really like too many kinds of candy so they only really got excited about the m&m's!


Valentine's night we ate dinner by candle light. M requests doing this quite often and I should probably do it more!










Before we started dinner I put a gift on each of their plates! Growing up we always had some sort of candy or small little gift that my mom put on our plates as our valentine's!




M loves her new pink heart webkinz! B loves it too, so there has been quite a bit of borrowing of the webkinz, next time, maybe the same gifts!!





M did like her Elmo puzzle she got though! She is really good at her puzzel's...we had to convince her to eat instead of play with her new puzzel.










I made homemade brownies in a heart shape for a special dessert. Brownies or M's favorite treat and B enjoys them too! We had a fun day as a family. Valentine's used to be all about romance and it is still that way to and that is still nice but it has become so fun for me since I have had kids. They get so excited and we make it a day about showing them how much we love them and spending time with them!


I hope your Valentine's day was great and we love so many of you!!




4 comments:

Natalie said...

You are such a fun mom! What fun ideas for showing how much you love them all...

wendy_d23 said...

So cute. I tend to just think about me, maybe next year, I will make it more fun for the kids and not just eat all their candy. One day I will be as cool as you.

EstesSBTAK said...

Looks like so much fun! Thanks for the great pics of your cute girls!

amelia said...

i remember mom making buttermilk brownies in heart-shaped pans one year. and i always loved getting little presents at dinner on valentine's day.

you've always reminded me of her, with your little notes and thoughtfulness. you're a wonderful mama to your girls. and a wonderful sister to me.