Friday, February 29, 2008

Trouble

So...what kind of trouble can cute little girls cause? Lots! Today I let M have a friend over to play. Before she came we vacuumed the house and cleaned the basement (toy room). When the friend got here the girls all headed down to play in the basement. It was nice having a few minutes to myself while the girls had fun together. After about a half an hour M and B cam up looking like this!

That is Styrofoam pieces covering their bodies. I was pretty upset because the Styrofoam has been "played" in before and was a huge pain to clean up. (Imagine, vacuum clogged, sticking to everything and everyone) Before I let them know I was upset I thought I better grab the camera. B and M seemed quite proud of themselves before I told them they were in trouble. M asked if she was grounded and I said Yes! (Just no more T.V. for today!) She has been asking a lot lately if she is grounded. I don't know where she learned it but I think she is kind of asking for being grounded...I'm sure that will change with age!






The Styrofoam was all over...clothes, hair, a whole pathway up the stairs and needless to say all over the basement.


















I got the vacuum out and tried vacuuming the girls off but we just had to change clothes in the end. I vacuumed both of their hair which M was okay with but B was not too thrilled about it!








M couldn't figure out why I was taking pictures if I was upset. I had to explain I wasn't mad...just disappointed in her choice to play with such a messy thing, one I had already told her to stay out of.









I asked M what they were doing with the Styrofoam and she said they were super women (not supermen...because we're girls mom) and were going swimming. The Styrofoam is in a HUGE box that my mom sent out with a framed picture in. I decided to keep all the Styrofoam in the box to use when I have to ship things. I should have learned after the first mess! Apparently the girls swam in the Styrofoam filled box!













For being so cute they really did made a mess. I guess I still love them just the same though!



5 comments:

zippy said...

Wow! Way to keep it together mom! I love that you had the presence of mind to take pictures before letting them know how upset you were about the choice they made and then that you kept your cool when explaining to them what you were upset about. You are such a good mom!!

M and I used to play with styrofoam "peanuts" as a therapy tool, fortunately he never got that crazy with it though Big J was not a fan of our playtime in the "snow."

Natalie said...

I remember the first mess... I don't think the first time was quite as messy as the second time around! Just makes me laugh ~

Jessica said...

We had a mess like that last month...luckily my messers ranged from 7-12 and could totally pick it all up themselves (it took them an hour to do a good enough job!)

DeMaster Family said...

Good thinking to get the camera! Those pictures are really cute.

Guinevere said...

Way to diffuse with the photo shoot! That stuff is TERRIBLE to clean up.