I guess when it comes to St. Patrick's day I am a bit of a Scrooge! I don't wear green to appease the leprechaun's, I don't profess to be Irish and ask for kisses, I definitely don't have a pot of gold, my name is not Patrick and I am definitely not a Saint! Despite all my anti St. Patrick's day feelings I do dress my girls in green and get excited for them. M wanted to know why I wasn't wearing green and I told her because I was a grown up! I don't think she got the logic...o well!
I also make corn beef and cabbage with new potatoes every St Patricks day. I don't remember doing anything in my family to celebrate the Irish but R's family always had this meal...even if it isn't really all that Irish! The girls loved the corn beef...they must take after daddy!

M came home from school excited that the Leprechaun's visited her classroom and caused some mischief. (They knocked their back packs and lunch boxes off the shelves, messed up their mailboxes and stole the letter of the day!) Maybe next year I will get more into the spirit for the girls sake, but as for this year, a Happy St. Patty's day is about as far as I go!
4 comments:
but no pictures of your cute girls in green!?
i'm off to j(wh)'s mom's house for a (very late) st. patty's day dinner of corn beef and hash. and i definitely wore green--green and blue sweater; green shoes; peridot ring; peridot earrings; and my glass ring that has a green stripe. oh--and the argyle socks with green diamonds. :)
DO NOT come visit my blog then...we're a little silly with St. Patrick's Day around here! (same meal as you, of course!)
Way to go. Looks like a fun meal! Happy St Patrick!
A real scrooge would have back handed somebody for pinching them for not wearing green. I considered myself lucky ~
I should try the corned beef sometime. I think Samson would like it...
Post a Comment