It isn't actually M's Birthday, but since she has a summer birthday her teacher let her celebrate her birthday today! (I never celebrated my birthday in school since I was a summer baby so I am so glad her teacher let us do this!)M loved the fact that it was her special day. All day today she has tried using it to her advantage. For example:
B took a toy that M wanted
M: B, can I please have that?
B: NO
M: But it's my Birthday B. (imagine sad puppy dog eyes here)
B: It's not your Birthday, it's mine!
In B's defence her Birthday is Sunday, so we have been talking it up quite a bit lately!

In addition to it being her pretend Birthday her school held a flag day celebration today. We have been hearing all kinds of patriotic songs around here as M practiced for the big event!
M's music teacher asked all the kids to wear red white or blue today. M wanted a flag dress. We searched high and low and couldn't find a flag dress. I wanted her to wear the outfit B was wearing but she didn't think that related to the flag at all. We settled on this outfit because the colors were right and there was a tiny flag on the tag, which satisfied M. (Of course, after I bought the outfit I did find a cute dress...o well!)
When we weren't having luck finding a dress I told her she might have to wear her outfit she already had. She became very emotional (ie. upset) and said that her music teacher would be mad if she didn't have a flag outfit. I love how literally kids take things!
Back to the Birthday! M wanted chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. She has complained all year that everyone brings in white or yellow cupcakes and she never eats them because she doesn't like them. So , I made chocolate cupcakes and put a cute little flower on top for the girls and some sort of green design for the boys. M wanted to stick Hannah Montanna rings in the top of the cupcakes but I thought that would ruin the look. (Hannah Montanna is a whole other post for me! She has never once seen the show and yet she still talks about her all the time!) We settled on just passing out the rings, and no the boys didn't get rings!
She had such a fun "Birthday" today. She loved sharing with all her friends. She even went and tracked down five of her other teachers (p.e., music, library, art, etc) to give them a treat. She is so thoughtful and loves to share. I asked her if she even ate her cupcake and she said she had a couple bites! I think it was just fun for her to wear her Birthday crown today and have a special day with her friends. We love her so much, Birthday or not!!
5 comments:
those cupcakes are SO cute! And I love M's outfit! It's funny how whatever the teacher says is THE final word! Wish what I said carried that much weight! Glad she had a nice celebration...and that it's over in time to celebrate B this weekend!
Happy Birthdays M and B! Was it really three years ago we came out to see B's blessing? That was a fun trip.
I love to see sister so great together! I think as long as my girls like to be together then all is good and right with the world - at least the world inside my house!
Happy Flag Day! Your cupcakes turned out so cute... great job on the flowers - they look yummy!
Those cupcakes look awesome!! Your girls are so cute!
Post a Comment