Monday, June 23, 2008

Peony

When B was born my parents were here. Instead of bringing me flowers to the hospital, they planted flowers in my flower beds. They planted yellow marigolds, pink zinnias, and this beautiful peony which comes back every year. I love these flowers and they always remind me of B and the fun I had with my parents when she was born!









After M's ballet recital I gave her a bouquet of peony's! They were so pretty. I never realized they smelled so good!




6 comments:

amelia said...

i love peonies. always have. and it's a perfect flower for B--beautiful and vibrant.

Casey said...

Those are so beautiful! Do you have to bring them in every year for the winter?

zeeny said...

Nope...they just stay in the ground. Kind of like bulbs, but a bit different!

Natalie said...

They did smell fantastic... and were beautiful cut in the vase!

JeMM said...

Your parents are wonderful! How thoughtful to give a gift that will remind you how much they love you and of your own sweet girl!
It very cool!

Meri said...

That was a wonderfully thoughtful thing for them to do... My peonies were brought to Utah from Massachusetts generations ago. My mother-in-law brought me divisions of the original plants when we lived in Connecticut. I have dug them up and carried them to Georgia and now to New York! They are well traveled...