Sunday, September 9, 2007

I know I'm a bit late but I thought I would post about this past labor day. It was a crazy but fun day. It started off with M having to get her blood drawn since she is getting her tonsils out tomorrow. She was okay with the whole situation until the nurse showed her how small the needle she would be using was. Once the needle word was thrown out there she lost it. After one failed attempt, one collapsed vein, one wailing child, one crying mommy holding said child down, and several promises of whatever toys she wanted you would buy...her blood was finally drawn. During the whole process I offered
to buy several things for M but she turned them all down saying she would rather not have her blood drawn. Needless to say, the blood was drawn and all ended well. I don't want her to go through it again but I guess the end results will make her healthier.
After the blood lose/draw we went to some good friends house for a huge labor day picnic. They live on an awesome piece of land and had invited the whole ward! The kids loved playing with their friends and the adults had fun too. R played football, volleyball, and ultimate frisbee...
his favorite. I enjoyed talking with friends and
meeting new people in the ward.
We left the picnic about 7:30 and came home to go night swimming with our neighbors. We all had so much fun. The girls loved the smores and we all enjoyed swimming in the pool. B was the last one in and kept screaming when we tried to take her out! She loves the water. When we finally took her out we all sat by the fire and she started to doze off on R's shoulder. I guess with it being 10:15 at night she was pretty tired. (She hadn't napped all day)

When we got home M was hungry since she was too busy playing to really eat much at the picnic. R got her a bowl of cereal but she feel asleep after a few bites! Notice the pink dog on the table?! That was her gift for getting blood work done. Her new "webkinz." She couldn't decide between that one and another dog so mommy bought the other dog behind her back to give her on surgery day. We had a great labor day, even with the sad start to the day.



3 comments:

amelia said...

notice that M's left eye is a little open while she sleeps...

that always trips me out a bit.

i hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Tad said...

So fun! I wish we had a pool so we could go anytime.

I still can't believe M started K-garten. You are way too young for that. My kids will never be that old. I think SM will love it though and I will be the one fighting it. I am glad she likes it now. Have a great week!

zippy said...

Good luck to M having her tonsils out--hope it all goes well!