

Twas the night before Kindergarten
and little children were asleep.
Mother was worrying and had lots of time to think.
How would that child so innocent and fair,
deal throughout the day without her mommy there?
Would she go off all day and worry away,
or would she skip to the bus and spend her day in play?
School is now here and I have a few fears.
Will that innocent child come rushing home in tears?
I love her so much and will miss her sweet touch during the day.
Have I done enough to prepare her to leave on her own?
Questions run through my mind as I think of her alone.
I know the time has come to let her go and grow
But her mother I will always be and I will always love her, of this I know.
5 comments:
I can hardly believe M is going to kindergarten! You and R are amazing parents and are doing a great job with both your girls! It's only natural to worry and fear for them--that's part of our job as "mom". It might take a few days of adjustment for you, M and B (b/c I bet she's going to miss M like crazy! Little J misses M so much that at nap time little J only wants to sleep on M's pillow, in M's bed, with M's fuzzy blanket, curled up with M's stuffed animal!) but you'll all fall into your own little routine and it will be okay.
For reasons too many to list here, sending my M off to kindergarten was so-o much easier than sending him off to 1st grade, but again here we are a month into our school year and we're all doing okay. : )
I find it helps to keep busy while their at school, but being "mom"-- is there any other choice? : ) I think that over time, even though you'll miss M while she's gone, you'll find that you really enjoy your one-on-one time with B.
Good luck, take pictures like crazy, make sure you sign up to volunteer a ton, and call whenever you want to cry, talk, cry, vent, cry, share, cry, laugh, etc.
You totally made me tear up, R is starting 3rd grade, and it still isn't easy...
I never knew you were such a great poet! Do you remember how much M loved preschool? She is going to LOVE Kindergarten! For me, it made it easier when I knew how much fun they were having... wait until Back to School Night - then you'll get a chance to see all the fun she's had in the first week. I still find myself feeling jealous that he is having such a great time with someone other than me! You've done an amazing job to prepare her - we do all that we can and what we can't do, the Lord will do for us (even when it comes to sending kids off to school)! Let's just keep you busy this week...
Good luck. It's always hard, but think of all the quality time your younger one gets now. And the house will be a little more peaceful and a little more clean. Makes it almost worth it.
Thanks for all the support everyone!! I have already gotten a ton accomplished on the first day of school. B doesn't have anyone to fight with and I don't have to stop as often to put clothes on dolls, wipe bottoms, etc. Not that I don't miss her though!
Post a Comment