Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dinner Conversation

We just had dinner and M was not thrilled with her choices...chicken, fresh pineapple, stovetop, and cauliflower. The following then occurred

M: I don't like this dinner

Me: That is not a polite thing to say...if you would just eat what you like and leave the rest without complaining you wouldn't have to try it. Now that you have complained about it you have to try it.

M: I really don't want this.

Dinner continues rather quietly for the next five minutes and I just try to let M eat on her own before I start force feeding her.

M: Can I have some more cauliflower please?

Me: Stunned Silence

4 comments:

amelia said...

that's hilarious.

was it cheesy cauliflower? cause i distinctly remember you eating cauliflower with cheese on it when you were little.

all i can say is gross. i don't like this dinner.

zeeny said...

No cheese...and hey, it was good!

Abbie said...

Fresh pineapple and cauliflower!! I would have been complaining, too. Santa better be good to her!! :)

Natalie said...

Fresh pineapple and cauliflower actually sound quite tasty to me! Your dinners sure beat mine.... My veggies are canned or frozen ~ and rarely do I offer up fruits!