Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Music


I have always loved music. Ask anyone in my family and they will tell you from a young age I wanted to be an opera singer...of course, most of my siblings weren't very supportive of that goal! Then I thought I could be a gospel singer like Sandi Pati, but my mom told me most Mormons don't get paid to sing...I guess times have changed quite a bit though if you look at church book stores! So I guess the point of this is that I am always singing and I love all kinds of music. I know I don't have the best voice and am not always on pitch but that doesn't stop my love! I love how music helps me feel the spirit, how it helps me feel alive. I could be having a bad day and hear a good song that changes my mood completely. When I am running the song that is playing can affect so much. When I hear Guns N' Roses Welcoming me to the Jungle or taking me to the Paradise City I get an adrenaline burst and can push through my running. I sometimes think if someone was to look at my MP3 player they would think my choices were not very cohesive. I go from listening to top 40 (yes, I'll admit it), alternative, soft rock, rap, hip hop, to heavy metal when I need a pick me up (thanks Matt and Jared for introducing me to this music when I was just a child)! Although I wish I was part of some cool band I still love music and the many ways it can make me feel!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

What a cute picture... Is that a scanned piece of M's school work?

Jessica said...

I loved/love Sandi Patti. And Ryan makes fun of her.

zeeny said...

Not M's school work...just some random picture I found.

Jessica...I havn't met many people who know Sandi Patti...my christian neighbors let their daughter and I listen to it as we played!

Guinevere said...

It's great that you appreciate so many kinds of music. How boring would our lives be without some variety...Music has a powerful effect on our lives. (especially on our treadmills!!)

Abbie said...

The good old Sandi Patti days. Oh, how I remember when you wanted to be just like Sandi Patti. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!! Love ya!!
Ab