
So, my brain works in weird ways sometimes. Lately I have had a lot of numbers in my head. I look at things and equate them to numbers. I watch the timer on the treadmill as I run, I notice how many seconds/minutes I have been running, how many minutes do I need to still run, I count in patterns to make my run go by more quickly, how many laps have I run, what number of calories have I burned, what number is my heart rate...get the picture?! I do this a lot when I am running and numbers seem to be important. I guess my favorite number this week happens to be 15. Why 15? Well, 15 is the number of weeks I have gone with working out every week! Some weeks I have worked out 6 days a week, 3 miles a day. 1 week I ran 1 time since I was sick, but when I felt better, I got back to exercising! I guess the point is I am totally proud of myself. I am usually an all or nothing type of gal and I have been able to keep up my running whether it was 1 day a week or 6. Hopefully, 15 weeks from now I will update with a 30 week post, but for now I will just focus on the 1 day ahead of me!
6 comments:
I have a strange thing with numbers too, but it's more like remembering a series of numbers... For a long time I could recite the SS# of my father in law (because he used to have it painted on the front of a canoe we paddled around in once - I think he has since painted over it) Strange, I know...
Way to go with the exercising! You are a great motivator...
you're awesome jen. i wish i could say the same thing...
keep up the running and i'll start the biking and maybe in 15 weeks when you tout your 30, i can tout my 15. :)
I am total numbers girls, too. My husband always laughs at me. I pass my time thinking about how many calories-workout calories I'm at, when we'll pay off our house (by doing the math)...I love my treadmill numbers, too--it totally makes me run more and faster, just so I can get the numbers up!
Trent is really into numbers also. Me...nope. Not good at anything having to do with numbers. Infact I can't even remember the pin to my ATM card. I'll have to tell you about it next time I see you. Kind of funny.
Anyway, way to go with your running. You should be proud of yourself. I think starting the habit is the hardest part. Way to go. You are amazing!!!
Trent is really into numbers also. Me...nope. Not good at anything having to do with numbers. Infact I can't even remember the pin to my ATM card. I'll have to tell you about it next time I see you. Kind of funny.
Anyway, way to go with your running. You should be proud of yourself. I think starting the habit is the hardest part. Way to go. You are amazing!!!
Good words.
Post a Comment