Monday, December 3, 2007

Snow Day!



Today was our first official snow day here! M was not too happy to have missed school but was excited about playing out in the snow! (I am sure in a few years she won't mind missing school!)

Most people realize that I do not really love the snow/cold. M thinks that only daddy's play in the snow, so today when I told her I would take her outside I could see the shock in her eyes. I guess I felt guilty since I knew R wouldn't be home until after dark so they wouldn't get a chance to play unless I took them.


I bundled us all up (which B hated) and then we headed outside. M immediately started jumping in the snow, making snow angels and throwing snow balls at me. She is so much fun!
















B had to be forced to put her snow gear on but once she was outside she loved it. She spent almost the whole time outside just eating the snow! Even when I was pulling her on the sled she would let her hand drag in the snow bring it up for her snow treat! She had so much fun and didn't want to come in...even after the two hours I spent outside with them! I'm so proud I lasted so long! (The new winter coat I got Friday probably has something to do with it! My first official coat for the cold...it's only taken six years for me to break down and buy one!!)

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks like a fun day! I didn't go outside at all... I am glad you finally got yourself a coat!

Jessica said...

Your kids have CUTE snow clothes...just wait till you add a few more.

Bonster said...

Snow days are so fun, I love their pink snow gear! Yesterday and today we are actually having flood days, WA rained too much this week, can you believe it?!

wendy_d23 said...

I am jealous, I wish we got snow, maybe just one day.
Check out Allison's blog, its right above yours on my page.

natasha said...

The girls are so cute! I want to see your new coat too! I'm the same way about buying warm clothing! I hate the cold so you would think spending money on all the "gear" wouldn't be so painful!

Guinevere said...

I miss those snow days. My kids LOVED them. The girls look darling in their snow clothes. Keep WARM!