Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Activities Part 1

Our pre-Halloween activities were carving pumpkins the day before and delivering cookies to the people on our street. M and B were both excited to carve pumpkins...until we started!



Once B touched the slime on the inside of the pumpkin she was pretty insulted. I can just imagine her thinking..."now why did they make me stick my hand in there?!"



M was more adventurous this year and stuck her hand in the pumpkin a few times...











until she decided she didn't like having "pumpkin juice" on her hands. She still wanted to get the pumpkin guts out but didn't want her hands to be dirty.


This is were those silly gloves that came with our pumpkin carving kit came in handy! I thought they were pretty dumb until M used them and continued getting of the innards of the pumpkin out, happily!




M and B with their final Jack-o-Lanterns. M wanted a scary one and she designed the face. Mommy did the actually drawing and carving. Of course I like happy pumpkin faces so B's was smiling and she even got a heart nose...a first for me!












I spent two days making these pumpkin and ghost cookies and we delivered them to the neighbors!








We loaded the wagon with plates of cookies and delivered them to the neighbors. Each girl took a turn handing the cookies to neighbors. Every time the door would open B would say, "Happy Hallween" (Not a typo...she left out the O!) M and B are both so cute and had such a fun time giving cookies to all their friends.








B enjoyed "helping" with the cookies. Her type of helping is cleaning the beater with frosting on it for me. Once it is clean she wants to do it over so I smear more frosting on the beater for her!


I know there is a lot here so I will post our actual Halloween pictures in our Part 2...hopefully tomorrow!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Especially the one of your little girl pulling out the pumpkin guts! Very Cute!

amelia said...

you're such a good mommy, jen. looks like you and R made the holiday tons of fun for the girls.

and i'm jealous of your neighbors--i wish someone had brought us sugar cookies.

Natalie said...

Fun pictures ~ your cookies turned out way cute! My kids love to smother their cookies with candy (mm's, candy corn, smarties) which make the cookies gross!

Jessica said...

I love the clothes.

And I love sugar cookies.

And I think it's funny when I tell my kids "I don't have time to have you help me right now" and they don't understand the irony of that statement.

wendy_d23 said...

yum. I am sick of the candy, I wish I had some of your good cookies. Are you sure you don't want to send me some?

smlaw said...

That is a great play by play- your pumpkins and cookies turned out very cute and as for the cookies- tasty too!