Saturday, November 10, 2007

I just have to share a sweet experience I just had. I was saying prayers with the girls before going to bed and M told the Lord how she was excited for her primary program tomorrow and went on to recite the part she will have in the program. I thought of stopping her but decided against it. I think the Lord wants us to share our whole life with him and that is a huge part of her life right now! We have been practicing her part a lot around here so she will have it memorized when she says it in front of 150 people or so on Sunday! Her part is..."Jesus taught us to serve others. I can serve my friends by sharing my Barbie dolls with them." (She came up with the sharing her Barbie's on her own!)

When B said her prayers I started to help her but like a lot of things these days, she wanted to say them by herself. She said some basic things and then asked Heavenly Father for help sharing her Barbie dolls. I know she probably didn't quite get what she said but I realized how important big sisters are. B has always looked up to M and wants to do everything she does. I am so grateful I have two wonderful girls! What an extra blessing that M is such a good example to her little B! Thank goodness for my girls who remind me always that the Lord cares about EVERYTHING happening in our lives.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Kids' prayers are one the highlights of parenting!

Bonster said...

What a great entry! When L says his prayers he starts with "Thankful for the Father" and many days he asks that Jesus will have heaven turn him and Jesus into a baby again one day. It is soo funny and cute! He is just so amazed that Jesus was once a baby and will bring it up here and there in his prayers :-)