Thursday, November 29, 2007

Worlds Greatest Mom

I just wanted to share a quick email my mom sent me...I hope you don't mind mom. I have such a great mom who has always told me I was beautiful. She has never once told me I should change anything about myself. Even when I went through periods of my life where the worlds definition of beauty did not fit me, I was always told how beautiful I was by my mom. I love her tons.


J:It's already Wednesday and you've probably already gone for your hair appointment, but thought I'd share my thought. You do have beautiful hair, always have from the day you were born...even the "bald is beautiful" to fuzz to cute little blonde curls all over. I think your idea of sharing some of your hair with others is GREAT. And your right!It will grow back faster than you think. When you were here in August you showed me a picture of Natalie before and after she got her longer hair cut into a cute, shorter new style. I thought it was very flattering and cute on her. BELIEVE ME! "Short" is definitely"wash 'n wear" as far as time goes....dries faster and with your curls should be easy to fix.ANYWAY, you are beautiful to me with long, in-between, or short hair.Post a picture for us. I love reading your BLOG. And as Dad would say, "Be glad, joyful, happy, exultant, excited that you have hair!"But I sure love "bald", too.LOVE YOU ALL........MOM

(Just for clarity my dad is half bald...he says he doesn't waste brain cells on growing hair, so he is that much smarter!)
I have such a great mom and just wanted to share a piece of how beautiful she is. I love you mom and hope to be as loving, supportive, and encouraging to my own beautiful girls.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Your mom is so great! And so nice (for me) to be a part of the conversation! She is right - you have beautiful hair... both on your head and in the bag to send to Locks of Love! Think of how beautiful a little girl will feel with your gorgeous curls on her head! I am going to email you the photo I took of your hair being cut in the ponytail... You'll need to do another post - or add it to a previous one!

amelia said...

mama is wonderful, isn't she. i'm so glad she raised us with acceptance and love; i don't know where i'd be without her.

and she's right--you're beautiful. and so is your hair. :)