Tuesday, November 27, 2007





To cut, or not to cut...that is the question. I have grown my hair out quite long and it is getting pretty crazy! My hair is extremely thick and is curly/wavy. I have a hair cut appointment tomorrow and I am thinking of cutting it all off and donating it to Locks of Love. I figure it's just hair and will grow back. I might as well give some little girl the chance to enjoy my hair as well...right?! I guess it is still a bit scary though. I do like my hair long but I NEVER do it. I think it is in a pony tail all but three or four days a month! (Yes, I do attempt to do it on some Sundays!) I think maybe a short haircut would help me actually do my hair.

Here are a few pros and cons:

Pros: *Take less time to fix *Make someone else a beautiful wig *get a cute haircut *Do something to serve someone else.

Cons: *I might not like it and will have to deal with it for a year *It might make me look chubbier (but I guess having pulled back in a tight pony tail doesn't help either!)

Well, you have until tomorrow (Wed) at 1 pm eastern to let me know your thoughts! Let me know what you think...if I take the cut I'll post pictures later!

7 comments:

The Merrell Family said...

I say go for it. But I like short hair. I have to say though, when I cut my hair shorter I thought it would be easier to do and I would have more motivation to do it but that didn't last too long. Sadly, I do mine about one out of seven days. Maybe two. :)
I'm excited to see your decision.
Snip snip snip!!!

Abbie said...

I was thinking of doing the same thing. My hair is crazy long right now and I really need a haircut. I looked into Locks of love and unfortunately I had my hair highlighted about a year ago, so I don't qualify. I am gonna say go shoulder length or maybe a little longer. Honestly, I think you will look cute no matter what. Have fun! I look forward to pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

I say take a chance and cut it! Good Luck! I can't wait to see pictures of the outcome!

zippy said...

It's no secret that for myself I prefer long hair...in my opinion it's easier to style, especially when you're a busy mom with young kids and you're always on the go. However, having donated my hair twice now to Locks of Love, I say go for it girl! Just make sure you go prepared with a good picture of the kind of cut you want--there are so many cute short do's out there right now, I'm sure you'll find one you like.

I'm excited to see what you decide!

I stinketh not!! said...

With thick curly hair myself, I find it easier to just keep it long. When it's long you can just throw it up in a pony and run out the door.. when its short you have to address it or you look like a crazy lady. It's your decision. I'm sure it will look great anyway you do it.

DeMaster Family said...

You look cute with long hair! I don't think I ever saw you with long hair. Short cuts are easier to "do" something with, but then you have to cut it more often to keep it looking good. What does Ryan think?

Anonymous said...

I think i'm a little late to put in my imput but i laughed because i am dealing with the same dilema! my mom made an appointment for me when i come to visit them, and i think you have inspired me to just do it.... :) Good luck!