Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas Eve was a fun one this year. We went over to our friends house for lunch and all the kids decorated Christmas cookies for Santa! We had fun talking, playing the Wii and munching on yummy food!




After our lunch R had to go in to work from 2- 11:30 pm. Not the greatest shift for Christmas Eve but I guess they just can't put the nuclear power plant on auto pilot! The girls and I still had a fun Christmas Ever.

They both got to open one present which happened to be new jamies! They both loved them and slept nice and cozy in them that night!





When we were getting ready for bed M was getting worried that Santa would try to come and we would all be awake. She even wanted me to go to bed! Just before prayers I heard a loud noise and looked out the window and saw one flashing red light! Of course I thought it was Santa's slew being guided by Rudolph so I yelled for M to run and see! She ran over and got to see the red light flashing! She was so excited! I picked her up and hugged her and realized that she was shaking from excitement. I also think she was a bit nervous that Santa would pass us by if she didn't get to bed soon!



After sighting Santa we went to M's room and red The Night Before Christmas and sang some Christmas songs before the girls went to sleep! It was a fun and exciting Night Before Christmas in our house this year!!














4 comments:

amelia said...

M is one lucky girl to get to see santa. i always tried so hard, looking out the window at the sky, to find him before going to bed on christmas eve. she'll remember this forever.

sounds like a lovely day.

EstesSBTAK said...

Too much fun. What a wonderful way to remember Christmas with the girls. M's hair looks so cute at the dance recital. And the cookies look really fun. We set out cookies too... and Mom ate them while I tried to put together their christmas present. (Uggh!) I told Stephen he has to do it next year! :-) Happy New Year to you! Thanks for all your fun posts. Love to see your sweet girls!

Jessica said...

So happy, because since your Christmas card, I now know the full name of your cute girls. Thanks!!!

Casey said...

You're such a good mommy! It's so important to start traditions with the kids...sounds like you've got some fun ones! Sorry R had to work, but at least it wasn't Christmas morning! You're snow looks so beautiful! Wish we could come and play in it with you!!!