Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I can officially say Happy New Year before I go to bed! Most years I don't really care about staying up on New Years. This year R had to go to work at 10 pm so we went to a friends house to party! He left and I was going to leave but didn't end up leaving until 12:30! M and B played so well the whole night. B got tired about midnight and came over and wanted me to hold her. She laid her head on my shoulder and fell asleep! It is very rare that she falls asleep anywhere but her bed so that was kind of nice having her cuddled up on me sleeping. M had a ballet recital tonight. She made it through the first performance but we left before the second. She was a bit overwhelmed with the big crowd and she wanted to go to her friend, K's house to play! I'll post some pictures soon, for now, it is time for bed!

3 comments:

Casey said...

Happy New Year! We're up too...suprisingly! We usually let the kids do the count down based on Eastern time, so it's just 10pm for us! Tonight we got a late start after seeing a movie...the only tradition skipped this year??? Fireworks! It's 12 degrees outside! I'm not going out there!!!

love you!

amelia said...

happy new year!

i was up well past midnight, dancing like little M. well, not quite like little M. no ballet for me--just swing dancing. :) tons of fun.

can't wait to see your pictures.

Guinevere said...

Happy New Year!! It sounds like you had lot of fun at Natalie's. We had a couple REALLY memorable NYE's there. Your Christmas Eve pics are fun...I love that story! Here's to a dynamite year cute lady! Give the fam a squeeze from us.