So my Monday was filled with lots of different emotions. So here is a brief overview of the day.R woke up with M at three in the morning and she had a fever. When we got up in the morning she seemed fine. Late in the morning she complained that her throat hurt and she threw up...sorry for that detail! She laid on the couch for the rest of the day and was so sad. I didn't think to check her temperature because I just thought she had the flu. She was so hungry and thirsty all day but again, I thought she had the flu so didn't feed her. We took her temperature in the afternoon and she had a temp of 105. I called the doctor and they had me bring her in. It turns out she has strep throat. Poor little girl.
After getting medicine in her, having her temperature come down, and allowing her to eat again, she was almost hyper! Some kids get medicine and get sleepy, but not M. Even Tylenol with codine makes her supper hyper and silly, not the least bit sleepy. I am glad to say that today she is doing much better since we have been keeping the Motrin and antibiotics in her.
So, M had this really sad day and B was so fun all day! She played so nicely and watched in concern as her sister threw up right in front of her. She was very kind to M and concerned about her. She also had a great day at gymnastics. R took her and said she was the best she has ever been, which makes me happy.
She also ate more food than I have ever seen her eat. She has not been much of an eater her whole life but last night she ate, cooked carrots, a first, mashed potatoes, a first, pineapple, and roast beef (four helpings)! I realized at dinner it was really quiet and I looked over and saw that all her carrots were gone and she was working on the mashed potatoes! I guess if you just keep putting things in front of them they will eventually try them!
Hopefully her body will be ok with the shock of vegetables in it!

7 comments:
I'm so glad M is feeling better. Medicine makes me hyper too, even the kind that is supposed to put you to sleep. Brian and I love the pictures--we miss you guys!
J: Sorry to hear about M having strep-that's definately no fun!! I'm glad though that she is on the mend. Both your girls are gorgeous and have such fun personalities!! I'm glad B takes such good care of M (and vice versa)--it shows what a great job you and R are doing as parents.
Lil' B: high five on trying and eating the veggies!! You go girlie!!
poor little M. i hope she's feeling better now that she's got some medicine in her system. and kudos to B for trying her veggies. :) what a cutie she is.
Very nice photo illustration! That silly picture is so silly.
Happy to hear everything is moving in a more positive direction... Cute pictures!
I told Tad today I am not having anymore children because I can't handle them being sick. He said I was not in a state to be making those kind of decisions. I hope everyone feels better and at least you have one healthy girl!
Poor M, strep throat is the worst!
Post a Comment