
Several times this year M has come home from kindergarten telling me about the Yankee's and how much she likes them. She tells me that at recess the kids chant "Yankee's rule, Red Sox drool" (I don't think I am very happy about this since I'm not the biggest Yankee's fan, but o well!) Yesterday she came home so excited. On the way in from the bus stop she told me that all the kids in her class drew pictures for the Yankees and in return the Yankees sent them pictures back. Whey we got inside she pulled out a picture of A. Rod that he had signed! So fun! She liked the picture because she said daddy had the same hat as he did and the same wedding ring! She was so excited and it was fun to see!
On a side note....I'm an Angels fan, grew up going to games every year and loved it. I have been to several other professional baseball games including a game at Yankee stadium. The Yankees were playing Atlanta when John Rocker was still on the team and after he had made his bad remarks about NYC. I have never seen a stadium get so rowdy when he ran out to pitch...crazy. Too bad he ended up striking everybody out and winning the game for Atlanta!
11 comments:
That's great she got a picture of A-rod. I will always think of him as a Seattle Mariner instead of a NY Yankee player. You're probably an Angels growing up in Cali and I'm a Mariners fan growing up in Seattle.
Hey Aup...nice to hear from you. I actually always think of A-rod as a Mariners as well, but since being out in the east that is slowly chaning! Hope all is well for your family!
That is pretty cute! J has been getting into football since moving here, we now watch the Seahawks and the kids have Seahawks sweaters...I am usually the one reading a book/cleaning/or doing homework during the games:-)
Hi Jeni, I love and miss you! I miss your girls and husband as well! You guys are a fun little family. :]
Who is spades?
Carson came home from school one day saying, "Boys Rule... Girls Drool" Nice, huh?
Yay Mariners and Braves. I liked this post. Though I care nothing for the Yankees!
spades is our brother. :) don't know why i didn't make that connection when you asked earlier.
and that's so fun that M's getting so excited about sports. it's fun to see little ones start connecting with the world.
How fun is that?!
Well at least A Rod is really cute :) Cute story.
Go Yankee's...our kids will be avid fans forever. They all have their Yankee caps hanging on their bed posts. Pinstripes ROCK!!
Post a Comment