
On Saturday M was coloring and B wanted her to color an Elmo (Melmo is B is saying it!) for her! M didn't want to be bothered so I colored on for her. I started coloring and M became very interested and wanted to help me. She wrote Elmo's name, did his feet, colored the shade and did some scribbling. B did the blue scribbles! M looked at me and said:
"Mommy, your a good artist! You should be in an art class!"
I was quite flattered. I know I'm no Picasso and sometimes don't like coloring because I'm a perfectionist, but M liked it. I had fun coloring with the girls and now they think I can color anything! I had the same thoughts about my mom when I was little. I guess sometimes we just have to let go of being perfect and just have fun!!
4 comments:
I too, am very impressed. That's better than anything I could do. Nice work!!
I too, am very impressed. That's better than anything I could do. Nice work!!
Too cute. I think as I was young, art had to be perfect. But as I do painting and things with the kids... I realize the stuff that isnt perfect is the best. Great job on the picture! :-)
You are such a good mom! I think it's cute that M wanted to help with the picture as soon as she saw the fun you were likely having with B ~
Post a Comment